Who we are
STEINHOFF adds value to its customers’ lifestyles by providing EVERYDAY PRODUCTS at AFFORDABLE PRICES and serving customers at their CONVENIENCE.
With 50 local brands in 12 000 retail stores across 30+ countries and employing more than 130 000 people, Steinhoff aims to be the number one retailer of choice for quality and value.
This is how we add value
providing EVERYDAY PRODUCTS
- A wide range of products for the home and the family adds value to customers’ lives.
- Products are sourced and made available through well-known and trusted local brands in each country where the group has a retail presence.
at AFFORDABLE PRICES
- The group’s signi cant in uence over the supply chain keeps costs down.
- A focus on procurement and sourcing provides economies of scale and the ability to better manage input costs. Direct involvement in shipping, warehousing, and distribution of products to stores and customers further optimises logistics costs throughout the supply chain.
- The group also owns many of the properties that house its manufacturing, warehousing, distribution and retail operations.
and serving customers at their CONVENIENCE
- The satisfaction levels of customers are enhanced by providing a convenient shopping experience.
- A comprehensive footprint of 12 000 stores across more than 30 countries provides a one-stop shop solution for household and homeware goods or general merchandise items. Customers can visit stores for essential items during their daily commute, or visit a large format destination family and household store.
- Many of the brands offer a digital experience where customers can shop online. They can either click-and-collect or have delivery at home – making their experience even more convenient.
Furniture and homeware retail businesses
Product categories include: furniture, mattresses, household goods, appliances, home accessories, consumer electronics and technology goods, building materials and DIY products and accessories.
5 848retail outlets
5.9m m2retail space
± 66 000employees
* Information as at 31 March 2017
Clothing and footwear, accessories and homeware
Product categories include: clothing, footwear, personal accessories, cellular products, selected financial services and fast-moving consumer goods.
6 100retail outlets
± 2.7m m2retail space
± 62 000employees
Dealerships and rental outlets in southern Africa provide vehicles, parts, insurance, accessories, servicing and car rental
This category includes a wide range of motor and heavy road vehicle brands at price points ranging from entry level to luxury.
± 5 000employees